Warm Spinach Salad Recipe
Lamb Salad Recipe
For this Warm Spinach Salad Recipe, you can use lamb rump or lamb tenderloin. Although these are not budget cuts, a little goes a long way and the bulk of this spinach salad recipe is made up of roast vegetables.
|This is one of those heart healthy recipes which allows you to ring the changes according to what to have in stock. It is perfect if you are after leftover lamb recipes but you may also use beef or chicken instead of the lamb and use courgettes or patty pan marrows in place of butternut. Play around with this spinach salad recipe and have fun.|
EasyPreparation time: 30 minutesCooking time: 30 - 40 minutes for roast vegetables, 5 minutes for seared lambServes: 4
You need to roast the butternut and beetroots ahead of time. (See Roasted Vegetables Recipe.) However, if you are really pushed for time you can omit the roast vegetables.
Ingredients:1 lb / 450g lamb steak - 3 - 4 lamb rump or tenderloin portions8 oz / 250g baby spinach leaves or mixed salad leaves1 small butternut (about 1½ lb / 700g)6 medium fresh beetroots or 8 small pickled beetroots1 large carrot, grated1 medium red onion, very finely sliced4 oz / 120g feta, cut into cubes2 tablespoons coriander seeds½ teaspoon black pepper½ teaspoon saltthick balsamic vinegar for drizzlinglittle olive oil for frying
- Heat the oven to 400° F / 200° C.
- Peel, de-seed and dice the butternut into inch cubes. How to prepare butternut squash will give you useful instructions.
- Peel and halve the beetroots.
- Place the butternut cubes and beetroot halves on an oiled baking tray. Massage a little oil over them and roast for 30 - 40 minutes, until the edges are slightly caramelized and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, prepare the remaining vegetables and lamb. Using a pestle and mortar, grind the coriander seeds. Add the black pepper and salt. Pour this mixture onto a plate. Roll each lamb steak in this rub mixture, making sure that each piece is well coated.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and bring it up to a sizzling heat. The oil should be hot enough that you can just pass your hand over the oil without burning it but it shouldn't be smoking (this is too high). Place the lamb steaks in the pan and sear (fry) on one side for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over and sear for a further 2 minutes. Make a slit in one of the steaks to see how well cooked it is. We like our lamb slightly pink on the inside but well cooked around the edges. If the lamb is not to your liking, cook it for a further minute or two. Remove from the pan and rest for a few minutes.
- To assemble the warm spinach salad recipe: sprinkle the spinach leaves over a platter. Next sprinkle over the warm butternut and beetroot, the grated carrot, sliced red onion and feta.
- Slice the warm lamb steaks into slivers and arrange over the top.
- Drizzle with thick balsamic vinegar.
Meal planning tip - you can make this Warm Spinach Salad recipe using leftovers from:Leg of Lamb Roast with Lemons and OlivesSlow Roast Lamb Recipe: Greek-StyleRoasted Vegetables Recipe
You may like to see Leftover Lamb Recipe - Lamb Salad with Couscous.
See our other Lamb Recipes and Vegetable Salad Recipes.
Do you need other 30 Minute Meals and Quick Easy Dinner Ideas?
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Warm Spinach Salad Recipe to Easy Meal Planning