Vegetable Quiche Recipe
This Vegetable Quiche Recipe is delicious and packed with nutrition.
|Try to choose roast or baked vegetables that are not too watery - a mixture of beetroot and butternut is particularly successful. The Cheese Quiche Crust recipe is delicious, but you could opt for an easy Pie Crust recipe as your base. Serve this quiche as a light meal, a special breakfast or as part of a picnic. See our other easy quiche recipes below. |
EasyA little effort if you have to make Quiche Crust Recipe - Cheese Pastry Preparation time: 10 minutes providing roast vegetables, spinach and pastry are prepared Cooking time: 40 minutesServes: 8 slices
Ingredients:1 quantity Quiche Crust Recipe - Cheese Pastry, baked blind1lb / 450g Roasted Vegetables Recipe1 cup cooked spinach, with the water squeezed out of it2 onions, sliced thinly or leftover Carmelized Onions1 cup cream4 eggs1 cup cheese - mature Cheddar is a good choice1 cup fresh coriander, chopped1½ teaspoons medium strength curry powdera little oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Fry the onions in the oil until they soften. Continue cooking gently for 5 - 10 minutes until they take on a deep caramel color - this is important as this imparts a sweet, rich flavor to the quiche.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, cheese, coriander and curry powder. If you have a processor you can blitz these together quickly.
- Scatter the onion over the base of the Quiche Crust.
- Spread the spinach over the onions.
- Scatter the roast vegetables over.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture over all the vegetables.
- Cover the edges of the pastry shell if you are worried that they will burn (see Quiche Crust Recipe - Cheese Pastry).
- Bake the quiche for about 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the egg custard comes out just clean.
- Serve with a lovely big salad.
Meal Planning tip: this Vegetable Quiche recipe is great for using leftovers from:Carmelized OnionsRoasted Vegetables Recipe
You may like to use Easy Pie Crust Recipe instead of the Cheese Quiche Crust Recipe.
You may like to try:Spinach Cheese Quiche RecipeCrustless Spinach Quiche
See our other Simple Vegetarian Recipes.
Create a delicious menu from our Picnic Food Recipes
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Vegetable Quiche Recipe to Easy Meal Planning