Vegetable Casserole Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Curry
This Vegetable Casserole Recipe is, in essence, a mixed vegetable curry.
|This is one of those simple vegetarian recipes which is versatile. Use vegetables which are in season. It is also great as one of your Thanksgiving side dish recipes and serves a dual role. This butternut squash recipe can be made in advance and heated at the last minute. As a variation, you can make it into a pie with the addition of a puff pastry lid. |
EasyPreparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 40 minutesServes: 4 - 6
Ingredients:1 onion, finely diced2 tablespoons oil for shallow frying2 teaspoons ground coriander1 teaspoon ground tumeric¼ teaspoon ground paprika1 cinnamon stick3 tablespoons tomato paste2 teaspoons sugar5 cups vegetable stock1 cup coconut milk½ cup red lentils, soaked in water overnight2 potatoes, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) chunks1 medium butternut, cut into 2 inch (5cm) chunks¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) to garnish¼ cup thick yoghurtnaan bread for serving
- Fry the onion in the oil until it is soft and has browned.
- Add the coriander, tumeric, paprika and cinnamon stick.
- Add the tomato paste and sugar. Gradually add the coconut milk and the vegetable stock.
- Add the lentils to the mixture. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the butternut is just cooked. You want it to be tender but it should not lose its shape. The stock should have been absorbed by now and the gravy should be quite thick.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a dollop of thick yoghurt. Serve with warm naan bread.
You may like to see:Spinach Lasagna RecipeVegetarian MoussakaVegetable Quiche Recipe
See our other Simple Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetable Side Dish Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Vegetable Casserole Recipe to Easy Meal Planning