Swedish Meatballs Recipe
with Dill Sauce
This Swedish Meatballs Recipe is delicious and a family favorite. These meatballs are baked so you can enjoy them as one of your easy healthy recipes.
|Serve with Swedish Meatball Sauce or Dill Sauce. This Swedish Meatball recipe is so versatile. It is delectable served with noodles or rice, but leftovers can be used in so many ways. Be sure to see our meal planning ideas below. If you are after heart healthy recipes, you can omit the cream in the sauce and use a couple of tablespoons of fat free yogurt instead. |
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 30 - 40 minutesMakes about 30 meatballs (should make enough for 2 meals)
Ingredients:2 lbs / 900g lean ground beef1 onion, finely diced1 tablespoon butter2 teaspoons allspice3oz / 90g breadcrumbs (about 2 slices)*½ cup milk1 egg, beaten½ teaspoon saltground pepper to tasteoil to brush meatballs
*I like using brown bread crumbs.
Swedish Meatball Sauce Recipe with fresh dill2 tablespoons butter4 tablespoons flour2 cups chicken stock1 cup sour cream3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
You will need 2 large baking pans.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Heat the butter gently in a small pan and sweat the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Mix together the onion, ground beef, allspice, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls just smaller than a golf ball.
- Lightly oil the baking pans. Place the meatballs on the pans. LIGHTLY oil them with a pastry brush. Alternatively you can just use your hands. Don't overdo the oil.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, turning once during the cooking process.
- Serve this Swedish Meatballs Recipe with the dill sauce recipe provided.
Swedish Meatball Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the chicken stock slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until the mixture thickens and just boils.
- Add the sour cream and remove from the heat. Stir in the fresh dill.
Meal planning tip: use leftovers for:Meatball Sub RecipeAlbondigas Soup RecipeMeatball Soup Recipe
You may like to see:Spaghetti and Meatballs RecipeHow to make MeatballsHomemade Meatball Recipe
See our wide range of Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Swedish Meatballs Recipe to Easy Meal Planning