There is a surprise factor with these Snickers Cookies. They LOOK like regular cookies, but when you bite into them, the center oozes delicious peanut chocolate. One of those easy cookie recipes which is simply delicious!
|This is a variation on easy peanut butter cookies. It is perfect if you are after Christmas cookie recipes. Most of the recipes for Snickers Cookies produce out-size cookies, using a whole miniature Snickers bar. However, most of us are not needing to eat half a cup of cookie mixture in one go! So, we have developed this recipe for smaller Snickers Cookies. |
In this recipe, you can use the 2oz Snickers bars and cut them into 10 cubes. If you are unable to get Snickers bars, there is another budget-wise option. Cut a slab of dark or milk chocolate into squares. Place this square inside the cookie dough ball, along with a pecan nut or almond. This variation is equally delicious.
EasyPreparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: about 15 minutesMakes 50 - 60 cookies
Ingredients:2 cups light brown sugar7oz / 200 g butter1 cup peanut butter2 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla essence2 teaspoons ground ginger3 cups flour1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon baking soda¼ teaspoon salt6 x 2oz / 57g Snickers bars (get an extra bar just in case)
The dough for these Snickers Cookies is quickly made if you have a food processor or mixer. They are, however, easy to make by hand.
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Cut each Snickers bar into about 8 - 10 pieces. Do this by cutting the bar down the length, and then into small cubes.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla, ginger and eggs. Beat well. Don't worry if the mixture curdles slightly at this point. The addition of the flour will sort this out.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix lightly until a dough forms.
- Take a small amount of dough, about the size of a golf ball. Roll the dough around a square of Snickers Bar. Form into a ball. Place on a greased baking tray. Repeat until all the Snickers squares are used up.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the cookies are pale golden brown. Allow to cool on wire racks where they will crisp as they cool.
Looking for other easy cookie recipes? Try :Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesOatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesEasy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You may like to try our other Easy Cookie Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Snickers Cookies to Easy Meal Planning