Simple Ground Beef Recipes
Curried ground beef casserole recipe
This is one of those simple ground beef recipes. It is ideal for a mid-week meal and it packs the flavor. This dish is easy to prepare, so don't be put off by the long cooking time.
This is one of those ground beef casserole recipes which just cooks away until you are ready to eat it. If you are pushed for time, you needn't bake the ground beef - once you have added all the ingredients (step 3), you can simply cook the dish on top of the hob for about 10 minutes. See our meal planning ideas below.
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 20 minutes to 1½ hours - depending on how soft and rich you want to make your dishServes 4 - 6
Ingredients:2lb / 900g ground beef2 medium onions, chopped2 cloves garlic, crushed1 inch / 2½ cm piece fresh ginger, grated2 teaspoons medium curry powder2 cups beef stock (can be made with a stock cube)
You will need a casserole pan with a lid. It is worth using one that can be used on the hob as well to save on washing-up.
- Brown the onions until they become soft and take on a slightly caramelized color - this helps to give an intense flavor to the dish. Keep on one side.
- Brown the ground beef in 4 - 5 batches. If you attempt to brown it all at once, you will land up with a gray mass.
- Add all the mince back to the pan, along with the onions. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and beef stock.
- Place a lid on the casserole pan and bake for 1 - 1½ hours, until the ground beef is soft and the gravy tastes rich and intense.
- Serve this simple ground beef recipe with rice and the following sambals: cucumber raita, chopped tomatoes, shredded coconut, chutney and peanuts.
You may use leftovers from this Curry Mince for these simple ground beef recipes:Ground Beef Taco RecipeEmpanada RecipeBeef Enchilada RecipeBobotie RecipeChili con Carne recipeMeat Pie - encased in Bread DoughCottage Pie Recipe Meat Pie Recipe
See our wide range of Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Simple Ground Beef Recipes to Easy Meal Planning