Rotisserie Chicken Rub Recipe
Rotisserie Chicken or Oven Baked Whole Chicken
This rotisserie chicken rub recipe is ideal on an oven baked whole chicken, a rotisserie chicken or it can be used to produce the easiest of spicy grilled chicken recipes - it is versatile. You can either thread the chickens onto a rotisserie iron or oven roast them according to the instructions below.
|This recipe is for two chickens. Use one for this meal with the easy Chicken Gravy. Then below, see our meal planning ideas for chicken leftovers. Meal planning saves you time, money and your sanity! You can play around with the rotisserie chicken rub recipe by clicking on the 'Barbeque Dry Rub Recipes' link below.|
EasyPreparation time: 5 minutesCooking time: 1¼ - 1½ hoursServes 4 - 6 at 2 separate meals
Ingredients:2 x whole chickens (giblets removed) each weighing about 4lbs / 1.8kg1 tablespoon cornflour
Rotisserie Chicken Rub Recipe Ingredients:1 tablespoon salt1 tablespoon ground black pepper1 tablespoon paprika1 tablespoon cumin1 tablespoon garlic flakes2 tablespoons ground ginger1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Wash and pat dry the chickens.
- Mix together the rub ingredients. Massage the rub into the skins of the chickens, ensuring that you rub the underneath of the chicken and in between the joints.
- You can either thread the chickens onto a rotisserie iron and cook according to the instructions of your oven or you can oven roast them. In this case, sit both chickens in the same baking tray, breast side up. Roast the chickens for about 1¼ hours, basting every 15 minutes. Slit the joint between the thigh and the breast. If the liquid runs out clear, then the chicken is cooked. If there is any evidence of blood or pinkish liquid, cook a little longer.
- Once the chickens have cooked, remove them from the pan and allow to "rest" for about 10 minutes. You can cover them with foil. This allows the meat to reabsorb the juices instead of their running out as soon as you carve.
Easy chicken gravy:
- Pour the gravy from the pan into a deep bowl or jug. At this point, I place the jug in the freezer for a few minutes. This allows the fat to come to the top quickly. Remove the jug from the freezer and skim off the fat.
- Mix between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon cornflour with 1 tablespoon water, depending on how much gravy has been yielded and how thick you like your gravy. Make sure that the mixture is well mixed and smooth. Add to the gravy. Pop the jug into the microwave and bring to the boil. If you don't have a micro, heat the gravy through in a sauce pan or the roasting pan.
Budget meal planning tip - use leftovers for: Easy Chicken EnchiladasBaked Chicken Rice Recipe (Arroz con Pollo)Chicken Quesadilla RecipeGarlic Chicken Pasta RecipeBest Chicken Soup RecipeChicken Salad Sandwich RecipeEasy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Would you like to see our other Barbeque Dry Rub Recipes?
See our wide range of delicious Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Do you need other 30 Minute Meals and Quick Easy Dinner Ideas?
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Rotisserie Chicken Rub Recipe to Easy Meal Planning