Quaker Oatmeal Cookies
These Quaker Oatmeal Cookies are really easy-to-make cookies and absolutely delicious.
|This is one of those healthy cookie recipes which is free of all the additives in commercial cookies. If you are after Christmas cookie recipes, you can make a double quantity of the dough and then transform one batch into Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Perfect if you are making up Christmas cookie gift baskets, but just as good in a cookie jar or lunch box!|
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 25 - 30 minutesMakes about 35 cookies
Ingredients:2 cups Quaker Oats2 cups flour1 cup sugar (pale brown if possible)1 cup dessicated coconut1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon ground ginger10oz / 300g butter, melted
You will need 2 - 3 large baking sheets.
- Heat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter. Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a large walnut. This dough will be soft.
- Place on greased baking trays allowing a lot of space for the cookies to spread. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cookies just start to brown. Avoid burning the raisins. I would advise that you rotate your baking sheets halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. The cookies will still be quite soft when they first come out of the oven.
- Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container. The cookies will crisp up as they cool.
Looking for alternatives to these Quaker Oatmeal cookies? Try :Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesSnickers CookiesEasy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You may like to try our other Easy Cookie Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Quaker Oatmeal Cookies to Easy Meal Planning