Oven Baked Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Cheese
This oven baked fish recipe is great when you are needing one of those quick easy dinner ideas.
This dish is low in fat and packed with nutrition, making it a really healthy meal recipe.EasyPreparation time: 5 minutes - 20 minutes if you still have to make Tomato SauceCooking time: 20 minutesServes 4 -5
Ingredients:1 lb / 500g fresh white fish fillets, cut into 4 - 5 portions3 cups fresh tomato sauce (see below)1 cup strong cheese - mature Cheddar is a good choice
- Place the fish portions in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over the cheese. Bake at 350° F / 180° C for 20 minutes, until the cheese has browned and the fish is cooked through. Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes and a big salad.
Tomato Sauce Ingredients:2 large onions, dicedabout 3 tablespoons oil 2lbs / 900g tomatoes, chopped2 cloves garlic, crushed4 tablespoons tomato paste½ cup (loosely packed) parsley½ cup (loosely packed) coriander1 cup water½ teaspoon saltfreshly ground pepper
Return from Oven Baked Fish to Healthy Fish Recipes
- To make the tomato sauce: fry the onions in the oil until they soften and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the parsley, coriander, salt and pepper and slowly add the water. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. You may either blend the sauce or leave it so that it is chunky. This quantitiy yields about 5 cups.
Return to 30 Minute Meals
Return to Quick Easy Dinner Ideas
Return to Easy Meal Planning