Mango Salsa Recipe
The easiest of fried fish recipes
This Mango Salsa Recipe is so versatile. It can accompany fish, chicken or even fried tofu to produce the tastiest of 30 minute meals.
|Here, the easiest of fried fish recipes is transformed into a simple tropical feast with the addition of this fresh salsa recipe. Use a mango which is only just ripe - this way you get the sweet flavor but you don't want the salsa to be pulpy. For a winter variation, if you are unable to get hold of mangoes, use one ripe avocado.|
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: under 10 minutesServes: 4 - 6
Ingredients:1½ lbs / 750g white fish, cut into portionsoil for shallow frying
For dusting:½ cup flour½ teaspoon cayenne pepper½ teaspoon salt
For salsa:1 large mango½ large green pepper, diced½ large red pepper, diced1 inch / 2½ cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar1 teaspoon brown sugar½ cup loosely packed coriander, chopped
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, mix together the dusting ingredients: flour, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil so that a speck of flour just sizzles in it. Don't overheat the oil.
- Roll the fish portions in the flour.
- Shallow fry the fish, turning every minute so that it doesn't burn. Fry for about 5 - 7 minutes until the fish is golden in color and cooked through. Place on kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil.
For the salsa:
- Peel and cube the mango. Mix together the diced red and green peppers, ginger, coriander, Balsamic vinegar and sugar. Add to the mango.
- Serve the Mango Salsa recipe alongside the fish. Accompany with rice and a green salad.
You may like to try:Baked Salmon Fillet Recipe with Paprika Cream SauceBaked Fish Recipe with Coriander, Pecan and Parmesan CrustGrilled Fish Recipe with Bacon and Avocado
See our wide variety of Healthy Fish Recipes
Do you need other 30 Minute Meals and Quick Easy Dinner Ideas?
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Mango Salsa Recipe to Easy Meal Planning