Leftover Lamb Recipes - Lamb Salad with Couscous
This is one of those very quick, useful leftover lamb recipes. It is a treat to assemble if you have leftover lamb from Slow Cooked Greek-Style Leg of Lamb Recipe. Served with salad leaves, this makes a wonderful, healthy family supper - simple spinach leaves compliment this meal well. The pesto sauce gives the dish added interest and a pleasing contrast.
If you don't have leftover gravy from the Slow Cooked Greek-Style Leg of Lamb Recipe, you could use one cup of beef stock instead of water, when making the couscous.
EasyPreparation time: 5 minutesCooking time: 10 minutesServes 4
Ingredients:10 - 12oz / 300 - 350g cooked lamb1 cup couscous (uncooked)8oz / 250g broccoli½ cup thick gravy from Slow Cooked Greek-Style Leg of Lamb Recipe½ large red pepper, diced into small cubes1 large tomato, sliced finely
- Place the couscous in a pot (or bowl). Cover with one cup of boiling water. Place a lid on the pot and allow to stand for about 10 minutes, until the water has been asborbed and grains have puffed up. Tip onto a large serving platter or into a large bowl.
- Cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water until it is just cooked - the florets should be cooked but still firm. Drain. Cut the florets off the main stem.
- Shred the cooked lamb over the couscous.
- Sprinkle the diced red pepper and sliced tomato over the lamb and couscous. Arrange the broccoli on top of this.
- Spoon over the thick gravy. You will find that it gets absorbed by the couscous, so it shouldn't lie in a puddle at the bottom of the salad.
- Serve with a generous dollop of pesto.
As an alternative to broccoli, you could add the following to make other Lamb Salad variations:Diced AvocadoCooked Fresh AsparagusDiced Roasted Butternut Squash
Download Pesto Sauce Recipe
Return from Leeftover Lamb Recipes to October Meal Planning
Return from Leftover Lamb Recipes to Easy Meal Planning