Healthy Blueberry Muffins
There is nothing like Healthy Blueberry Muffins if you are after healthy breakfast ideas.
|This recipe features reduced oil. The basic muffin recipe is very forgiving: you can use white sugar, frozen blueberries or other berries and you can substitute yogurt for the buttermilk. You can prepare this healthy muffin recipe the night before - mix the dry and wet ingredients SEPARATELY. In the morning simply mix them together, add the fruit and bake. |
EasyPreparation time: 5 minutesCooking time: about 20 minutesMakes 12 muffins
Ingredients:2 cups cake flour2 teaspoons baking powder¾ cup light brown sugar 1¼ cups fresh blueberries1 egg1 cup buttermilk 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin papers. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and orange rind. Mix lightly with a fork or whisk. DON'T OVERBEAT or else your muffins will land up being heavy. Get the lumps out and make sure the mixture is just mixed - that's the secret. This mixture is fairly thick - a reasonably stiff dropping consistency (ie not a thin batter).
- Lightly fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Fill the muffin cases ¾ way up.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes until the muffins are well risen and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out just clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
You may like to try:Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin RecipeBran Muffin RecipePumpkin Muffin Recipe
See our other Cupcake and Muffin Recipes.
Create a delicious menu from our Healthy Breakfast Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Healthy Blueberry Muffins to Easy Meal Planning