Ground Beef Taco Recipe
This Ground Beef Taco Recipe is one of those easy ground beef recipes and a favorite in our family. It is mildly spiced with paprika so it is child-friendly!
|You have two options with this ground beef taco recipe: either you can cook it on top of the hob for about 20 minutes or you can give it a long, slow bake in the oven. Your time will dictate which method you use. Our meal planning ideas below offer simple ground beef recipes that you can use for leftovers.|
EasyPreparation time: 25 minutesCooking time: between 20 minutes and 1 hourServes 6
Ingredients:1½ lbs / 750g ground beef1 large onion, dicedoil for shallow frying1 clove garlic, crushed1 red bell pepper, diced1 green bell pepper,diced2 teaspoons cumin2 teaspoons paprika¼ teaspoon chili powder - optional1 cup tomato ketchup1 cup beef stock12 hard taco shells - allowing 2 per person
It is worth using a casserole pan that can be used on the hob as well. This saves on washing-up.
- Heat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Brown the ground beef in 4 - 5 batches. If you attempt to brown it all at once you will land up with a gray mush. Set aside.
- Fry the onion until it is soft and has taken on a rich, brown color. This helps to give flavor to the dish.
- Add the garlic and bell peppers. Fry until the peppers have softened. Add back the ground beef.
- Add the cumin and paprika (and chili, if used).
- Add the tomato ketchup and the beef stock.
- Put a lid on the casserole pan. Bake for about one hour, until the mince is soft and the gravy is rich.
- Put the taco shells on a baking sheet and heat for 5 minutes.
- Fill the warmed taco shells with the ground beef. Serve immediately with guacamole, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and red kidney beans.
Make extra of this Ground Beef Taco Recipe and use the leftovers for:Empanada RecipeBeef Enchilada Recipe
Budget meal planning tip - use leftovers from:Chili con Carne recipeCurried MinceSpanish Style MinceGround Beef Goulash
You may like to see Easy Chicken Enchiladas.
See our wide range of Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Ground Beef Taco Recipe to Easy Meal Planning