Grilled Chicken Recipe
This grilled chicken recipe is always a hit in our home. The chicken kebabs are marinaded in a mildly spicy dressing and then served with a Thai Peanut Sauce recipe. Ideal on the barbeque or under the grill or broiler.
|This is one of those versatile bbq chicken recipes and perfect if you are after heart healthy recipes (be sure to thin the sauce in this case.) There are lots of meal planning ideas below, including other barbeque chicken recipes and easy summer recipes.|
EasyPreparation time: 15 minutes for kebabs, 5 minutes for sauceCooking time: about 10 minutes for kebabs, 5 minutes for sauceMakes 8 kebabs
Ingredients:2 lbs / 900g boneless skinless chicken breasts4 cloves garlic, crushed4 tablespoons peanut oil 2 teaspoons tumeric1 teaspoon ground cumin1 teaspoon ground coriander½ teaspoon curry powder4 teaspoons brown sugar
Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe:½ cup crunchy peanut butter1 tablespoon palm sugar*2 tablespoons soy sauce1 clove garlic, crushed2 tablespoons tamarind paste*1 tablespoon lemon juice½ cup coconut milk
*Don't stress if you can't get tamarind paste or palm sugar. You can substitute with a little extra lemon juice and some corn syrup or golden syrup (UK).
You will need 8 wooden skewers. It is best to soak them for ½ hour in water so that they don't burn on the grill.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1" / 2½ cm cubes. Thread the cubes onto the 8 skewers.
- Mix together the garlic, peanut oil, tumeric, cumin, coriander, curry powder and brown sugar.
- Brush this mixture over the skewers and then place them in a covered container in the refrigerator to marinade for a couple of hours.
- Heat the grill to a high temperature. (Either use the barbeque or cook under a grill or broiler in the oven. If cooking them in the oven, place the kebabs on an oiled baking tray.) Grill for about 4 minutes, then turn the kebabs and grill for a further 2 - 3 minutes. Check to see whether the chicken is cooked by making an incision in one of the cubes of meat. It should be white all the way through and not pink or translucent. Grill for another few minutes if necessary. Avoid burning the kebabs - they cook very quickly.
- Serve this grilled chicken recipe with Thai Peanut Sauce, Tzatsiki Sauce , Mango Salsa Recipe or Pesto Sauce Recipe.
Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe:
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and gently bring to the boil over a low heat. Mix well and cook just until the sauce thickens. I sometimes thin the sauce a little with a bit of extra coconut milk (or fat-free dairy milk if you are conscious of too many calories!)
Budget meal planning tip - use leftovers from this grilled chicken recipe for: Chicken Salad Sandwich RecipeGarlic Chicken Pasta RecipeBarbeque Chicken SaladChicken Pasta Recipe with Pesto Sauce
You may like to try:Oven Baked Whole Chicken with BBQ RubRotisserie Chicken Rub RecipeMarinaded Grilled ChickenTeriyaki Chicken RecipeSesame Chicken Recipe
See our other Quick Easy Chicken Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.