Green Bean Salad
with Toasted Almonds
This Green Bean Salad is so versatile. It is the perfect accompaniment for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
|This is the easiest of vegetable salad recipes and similar to Green Bean Almondine. If you don't have walnut or pumpkin seed oil, you can use olive oil. Try to use the freshest, thinnest beans that you can get. Meal planning tip: serve leftover Green beans and almonds with pasta. You could also add a few thinly sliced strips of beef and make a version of our Thai Beef Recipe. |
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 15 minutesServes: 4 - 6
Ingredients:1lb / 450g green string beans, trimmed4oz / 120g slivered almonds
Dressing:2 tablespoons walnut oil or pumpkin seed oil1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and boil until they are just cooked. They should still be slightly crisp and firm. Don't overcook them as they will just wilt. Drain the water off and refresh the beans in cold water to stop them cooking further. Drain. Allow to dry completely.
- Heat a frying pan. Add the almonds. You don't need oil due to the high oil content of the nuts. Dry fry until they are just brown. Be careful that they don't burn. Remove them from the pan just as they looked cooked. Remember that they will still cook for a few moments after they have been removed from the heat.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Scatter the beans over a platter. Pour over the dressing and toss the beans until they are all coated.
- Just before serving, sprinkle over the almonds.
You may like to try:Thai Beef SaladGreek Salad RecipeLighter 7 Layer Salad RecipeFresh Spinach Recipe with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta and Toasted AlmondsGoat Cheese Salad
See our Vegetable Salad Recipes and Vegetable Side Dish Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Green Bean Salad to Easy Meal Planning