Healthy Breakfast Recipes
If you are after recipes for healthy food, this Granola Recipe is both more economical and healthier than commercial brands. There is very little oil in this recipe. You may, if you wish, add extra honey or syrup during the cooking process.
|Ring the the changes - substitute any of the dried fruits below with your own choice - goji berries, dried cranberries, dried mango or banana. Serve this healthy granola recipe with fresh fruit, milk or yogurt. Perfect as one of your healthy breakfast recipes.|
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients:2lb / 900g rolled oats¼ cup oil½ cup honey, melted1 cup hot water1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 cup toasted almonds, chopped or whole2 cups raisins (about 8oz / 250g)2 cups chopped dried peaches2 cups chopped dried figs5 oz / 140g chopped dried apple rings
You can chop the dried fruits in a food processor which speeds things up - process until they are just chopped and don't let them become a mush.
- Heat the oven to 300° F / 160° C.
- Pour the oats into a large baking tray. Combine the hot water, oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the oats. Make sure that the liquid is well stirred in.
- Bake for about an hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Make sure that the mixture doesn't burn. It is ready when the oats are no longer wet and are golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and add almonds and dried fruit. Stir very well.
- Allow to cool and then store in air tight containers.
You may like to try:Healthy Blueberry MuffinsGreek-style Yogurt with Strawberries and Caramel CrustLow Calorie Smoothie Recipes
Create a delicious menu from our Healthy Breakfast Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Granola Recipe to Easy Meal Planning