Easy Eggplant Recipe
Rolled Eggplant Stuffed with Ground Beef
This Easy Eggplant Recipe is stuffed with Quick Easy Ground Beef Recipe.
|However, if you are using ground beef leftovers, all you have to do is roast the aubergines and assemble the dish, thus producing one of those stuffed eggplant recipes which looks deceptively complicated. This is similar to an Eggplant Rollantini recipe but with ground beef. If you are after roasted eggplant recipes, this is perfect as the eggplant is not fried, thereby reducing the fat content.|
This easy eggplant recipe can be made in advance and gently warmed through just before serving. Our family loves it as it is quite light and not slathered in creamy sauces.
EasyPreparation time: 25 minutesCooking time: ground beef: 20 minutes on stove top or about 1 hour in the ovenCooking time: eggplant: about 30 minutesServes 4 - 6 people
Ingredients:2 large eggplantsolive oil for brushing eggplants1½ lbs / 700g kg ground beef1 large onion, chopped1 clove garlic, crushed¼ cup Worcestershire sauce¼ cup soy sauce1 cup beef stock½ teaspoon pimento (allspice)
You will need a casserole dish with a lid. It is worth using one that can be used on the hob as well to save on washing-up. You will also need 2 - 3 large baking trays.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F / 200° C.
- Slice the eggplants horizontally, creating ¼" (just over ½ cm) thick slices. You should get about 6 large slices from each eggplant. * Using a pastry brush, lightly brush each side of the slices with olive oil (don't overdo it - eggplant absorbs oil copiously). Place the slices on the baking trays and bake for about 30 minutes. Turn the slices over after about 15 minutes. Avoid burning the slices. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Brown the ground beef in 2 - 3 batches. If you attempt to brown it all at once, you will land up with a gray, watery mass. Keep on one side.
- Brown the onions until they are a deep caramel color. This helps to give the dish flavor.
- Add the crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Add the beef stock and pimento.
- Bake for about 1 hour until the ground beef is soft and the gravy is rich and intense in flavor.
- Take one slice of roasted aubergine. Place about 3 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture at one end of the slice. Now, gently, roll the eggplant and place it, join side down, on a serving plate. Repeat the process until you have used up all the slices.
- Any ground beef which doesn't get rolled in the eggplant can be served alongside or sprinkled over the top of the dish.
* You can discard the outer slices that are too small to roll. Alternatively, you can oil these slices and add them to the baking pan and once roasted, you can pop them into salads, sandwiches or pasta dishes.
If you like this easy Eggplant recipe, you may like to try:Eggplant Parmesan RecipeQuick Easy Ground Beef RecipeSpanish Style Mince
See our wide range of Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Easy Eggplant Recipe to Easy Meal Planning