Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
Apple Crumble Recipe
Add a cup of fresh raspberries to this easy Apple Crisp recipe - this produces a slightly tart flavor which is delicious.
|Is it an Apple Crisp recipe or an Apple Crumble recipe? The simple answer appears to be that it is called a CRISP in USA and CRUMBLE in UK. However, there are nuances to this. Crisps have oats added to the topping whereas crumbles traditionally have a combination of flour, sugar and butter in the topping - but this is not always so, as there are crumble recipes which contain oats!|
Ah well, we can't get too vexed about apple pie semantics. However, one thing is for sure, this is the best apple pie (oops! CRISP) recipe!
EasyPreparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 30 - 40 minutesServes: 6
Apple pie filling recipe7 medium apples (2lb / 900g)2 tablespoons orange zest2½ oz / 75g soft brown sugar (third of a cup)3 tablespoons lemon juice12 oz / 350g fresh raspberriesa little butter for greasing
Topping¾ cup flour½ cup rolled oats½ cup soft brown sugar½ chopped pecan nuts1 teaspoon cinnamon5 oz / 150g butter
You will need a 4 pint / 2 liter pie or casserole dish.
- Heat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Grease the pie dish lightly with butter.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into quarters. Slice each quarter into 3 or 4 slices. Spread the slices over the base of the pie dish.
- Mix together the orange zest and brown sugar. Sprinkle over the apples. Mix in lightly with your fingers.
- Pour over the lemon juice. Sprinkle over the raspberries.
- Mix together the topping ingredients. This is easily done in a food processor. This does mean that the nuts get chopped very finely but it doesn't impact on the flavor. The mixture should look something between breadcrumbs and a soft dough. In other words, it should be neither too dry nor too "doughy." Alternatively, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips, and then add the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle this mixture over the filling, making sure that the surface of the filling is well covered. The mixture will clump slightly - this is fine.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top has browned slightly. You will find that the filling oozes through the topping a little, but not to worry.
- Serve this easy Apple Crisp recipe hot or warm with thick cream.
You may like to try:Best Apple Pie RecipeBest Pecan Pie RecipeFresh Pumpkin Pie Recipe
See our other Simple Dessert Recipes.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Easy Apple Crisp Recipe to Easy Meal Planning