Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
This Chicken Quesadilla recipe is one of those quick shredded chicken recipes which means that you can have a snack on the table in seconds.
|If you are after healthy snack recipes for kids, this really is an option, providing they like a little spice. Besides, you can get everyone involved in the production line! Leftovers are great in lunchboxes. We like sharp cheese but you can add any cheese that will melt easily and "glue" the tortillas together.|
EasyPreparation time: 5 minutesCooking time: under 10 minutesServes: 4
This recipe makes use of chicken leftovers from Oven Baked Whole Chicken, Beer Can Chicken Recipe or Oven Baked Whole Chicken with Garlic, Orange and Rosemary Rub.
Ingredients:8 x 9" / 22 cm tortillas4 cups thick Tomato Salsa Recipe4 cups shredded chicken2 cups sharp cheese, such as cheddar
- Lay out 4 tortillas. Over each tortilla base spread: 1 cup Tomato Salsa Recipe, 1 cup shredded chicken and ½ cup grated cheese.
- Sandwich the remaining 4 tortillas on top.
- First method of cooking: heat a frying pan gently. Add the quesadilla (with no oil) and fry for about 2 - 3 minutes. Turn over and fry the other side for about 2 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the tortilla has browned and crisped up. Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Second method and one I usually adopt: pop the quesadillas into a large flat toasted sandwich maker and close down the lid. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve this Chicken Quesadilla recipe with extra Tomato Salsa Recipe and a big green salad.
You may also like to try:Best Chicken Salad SandwichChicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
See our wide range of quick easy Chicken Recipes or Picnic Recipes.
Do you need 30 Minute Meals to save the day?
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Chicken Quesadilla Recipe to Easy Meal Planning