Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This Breakfast Burrito Recipe is a winner! It is ideal as one of your healthy breakfast recipes or quick lunch recipes. It is also perfect if you are looking for healthy snack recipes for kids who are starving when they arrive back from school.
|As time is at a premium early in the morning, you can fry or bake the bacon the night before. You can also chop the tomatoes and beat the eggs in advance. Just keep them in the fridge. This means that you can scramble the eggs and have a cooked breakfast on the table in about 5 minutes - not bad! Definitely one of our favorite healthy meal recipes.|
EasyPreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 10 minutes for bacon, 5 minutes for eggsServes: 4
Ingredients:4 soft tortilla wraps8 eggs, beaten1 cup baby Rosa tomatoes8oz / 250g back or shoulder bacona little butter salt and pepper to season
- Fry or bake the bacon. Once it is cooked, chop it into little pieces. I find using scissors easy for this. You may like to remove the fat and discard it.
- Chop the baby tomatoes in half.
- Lay the wraps open on a work surface to make for quick assembly once the eggs are ready.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Heat a little butter in a saucepan. Add the eggs. Stir constantly until the eggs have scrambled. You can either remove the scrambled eggs from the stove when they are still quite "wet" or you can continue to cook them a little longer so that they are "drier". I usually remove half of the mixture at the "wettish" stage and cook the rest for the kids who like theirs well cooked. It is a simple way of being able to appease all palates!
- Stir in the tomatoes and chopped bacon.
- Divide the mixture between the wraps. Roll them up and serve fold-side down.
- Serve this Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Tomato Salsa if desired.
Meal planning tips: You can play around with this recipe. Add Tomato Salsa to spice it up or re-fried beans for a bit more substance. A little leftover Bolognese Sauce also goes well. Ultimately, you have one of those protein-packed healthy meal recipes which satisfies the hunger pains at any time of the day.
See our other Healthy Breakfast Recipes.
Would you like to see some other inspiring 30 Minute Meals?
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Breakfast Burrito recipe to Easy Meal Planning