Baked Fish Recipes
Fish with mushroom topping and cream sauce
Baked fish recipes are the ultimate in quick easy dinner ideas.
Here, fish portions are topped with a mushroom stuffing. You have an option of then pouring over cream or mushroom soup. You could use Basa fish for this recipe. Basa fish fillet recipes have become popular in the last ten years. Basa (referred to as Vietnamese River Cobbler in the UK) is farmed along the Mekong River in Vietnam and in Thailand. Basa has white, flaky meat and a mild flavor.
Easy Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 20 - 25 minutesServes: 4 - 6
Ingredients:1lb 2oz / 500g firm white fish, cut into 4 - 6 portions1 medium onion, very finely chopped8oz / 250g mushrooms, very finely chopped½ cup loosely packed parsley, chopped2 slices wholewheat bread, crumbed (just over 1 cup)½ cup white wine½ teaspoon saltfreshly ground pepper2 tablespoons oil for shallow frying1 cup single cream or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Heat the oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Place the fish portions in an ovenproof baking dish, packing them quite close together.
- Fry the onion in the oil until it is soft and has browned slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for about 2 minutes. Do this over a high heat so that they don't become watery and mushy.
- Add the breadcrumbs, wine, salt and pepper. Cook until the mixture becomes quite stiff.
- Smear the mushroom mixture over the top of the fish portions.
- Pour the cream or mushroom soup over the fish. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, until the fish has cooked and the cream has browned slightly.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and a big salad.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try other healthy fish recipes:Baked Fish with Pecan, Coriander, Garlic and Parmesan CrustBaked Salmon Fillet Recipe with Paprika Cream SauceGrilled Fish Recipe with Avocado and BaconBarbeque Recipe for Salmon
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Need other quick easy dinners?
Return from Baked Fish Recipes to Healthy Fish Recipes
Return to Easy Meal Planning