Albondigas Soup Recipe
Meatball Soup Recipe
This Albondigas Soup Recipe (meatball soup recipe) is a Mexican classic and one of those easy soup recipes which offers a healthy one-pot meal. I particularly like using fresh coriander in the meatballs.
You can use leftover meatballs from the following recipes in this soup: Homemade Meatball Recipe with Fresh Tomato Sauce
or Swedish Meatballs Recipe
. Make up the soup and add the baked meatballs.
EasyPreparation time: 10 - 15 minutesCooking time: about 30 minutesServes: 4
Ingredients:1 large onion, diced1 clove garlic, crushed2 carrots, peeled and sliced into circles3 tomatoes, chopped1 can chopped tomatoes (14oz / 410g)1 tablespoon tomato paste2 pints / 1 liter chicken stocka little oil for shallow frying
Meatballs:1lb / 450g ground beef1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley or coriander1 teaspoon salt½ ground black pepper1½ teaspoon cumin
You will need a large pot.
- Fry the onion in a little oil. Allow it to soften and brown slightly.
- Add the garlic and carrots. Fry for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato paste and finally the chicken stock. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the carrots have softened.
How to make meatballs:
- Mix together all the meatball ingredients. Roll the mixture into balls just smaller than a golf ball. Avoid over-handling the mixture in order to try and keep the mixture light.
- Once the soup has cooked for about 5 minutes, drop the meatballs gently into the soup. Cook for a further 20 minutes until the meatballs have cooked through.
- When you serve the soup, this quantity will allow each person to have 4 meatballs.
Are you looking for something? Use the search box to find it.
Return from Albondigas Soup Recipe to Easy Soup Recipes
Return to Easy Meal Planning